FINISHED! A hampton wedding jumpsuit

I made this jumpsuit back in July, and didn't really wear it until this Christmas season.. and now it's had quite the Christmas run.
The fabric is Liberty of London Hampton Wedding from the SS15 Alice in Wonderland collection.

Inspired by Alice stumbling into Disney’s Garden of Live Flowers, this Liberty fabric features petals, plants and leaves. Wild and alive, the flowers begin to speak: strange and inviting like the bold, colourful print.
Originally I had bought a metre from Shaukat but when it arrived and the print was larger than I expected for a Liberty I knew it had to be a jumpsuit so I quickly snapped up another metre (and a half?) from Ava and Neve in Queensland.  I have just finished another top with fabric from Ava and Eve which I really hope to blog before the end of the year.
In terms of construction there isn't really much to say.  I used the pattern I made up here but tapered the sleeves a bit. Since taking these photos I also took a few inches off the length of the sleeves which is better for the proportions of the jumpsuit. The top is quite blousey with dropped sleeves.
For fancier occassions I wear high heels with this, but I'm quite partial to this with my white sneakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment