FINISHED! Pyjama double muslin lap quilt

I have almost finished my bombshell swimmers and my drop waist shirt dress so I hope that I will soon be able to post something interesting, but in the meantime, I finised my lap quilt!
Yes, I have spent quite a few nights snuggled under this slowly hand quilting it. It's not perfect, far from it, but the double muslin makes it so so snuggly. I'm glad that, even though I messed up what was supposed to be a pair of pyjamas, I used the fabric to make this up. It will be glued to my legs each evening!  Oh and it is a bit of a stashbusting success.  The white striped double muslin on the back and the grey stripe (from the disintegrating sugar tee shirt) are all from the stash and of course the spots were destined for the scrap heap.  Now back to that bombshell.

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Especially the pink binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! the spots are fab, but the binding really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and comfy! I think you should proudly wrap yourself up in your new quilt and attend Karen's PJ party! I can't wait until you post details on the bombshell. I've downloaded the pattern and I'm interested to know how it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for warmth and coziness! Your quilt is really cute. What's a good size for a lap quilt? I think I'd like to make one for our home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! agree it's the binding that really pulls it all together beautifully. enjoy snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really gorgeous use of scrap fabrics!! Goes without saying I cannot wait to see your other current projects too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Morgan. This one was based on the material I had. It is 48 x 41 inch (104 x 122cm) which in fact is a perfect size. I'm only a shortie (about 156cm) so it covers me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finished the bombshell today. Now trying to work out how to photograph it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jo. Hope you find yourself some sewing time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha - that's what I should do given I had bought the material for her party!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Suzy. I love the pink as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, I am snuggled under this every single evening. You must make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much. I think this little quilt is better and getting more use than a pair of pjs. WIN!

    ReplyDelete