FINISHED! Does my pompom look big in this? No but my ears do!

Ok, so the pompon is quite big and now that the beanie is made up I'm thinking that the orange might be just a bit loud for a baby.. but.. I'm hoping it will fit post that new born baby stage, when babies start to wear colour.  Let's call it a success?  Well, except for the fact that the baby might never be able to hold their head up because of the weight of the pom pom!  Should I trim it back a bit more? On Sunday night Ben and I both had the scissors out giving the pom pom a hair cut.  He kept saying: "Just make a new one, it's too big!". But I wasn't budging.  That pom pom was going onto the beanie.
Untitled
On monday night I quickly made up a baby bib to put with the beanie using a pattern from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing book, the very first sewing book I ever bought.  I used one of the little squares of Liberty print I received last year from my colleagues at work for my birthday.  Funnily enough I was messing around with the bib, got caught up with a bit of work and sick kids and missed my French class.  Woops!  Hopefully when my teacher gets this she will forget all about my tardiness. 

Untitled
On Monday I found an invitation that had been in Elliot's bag for a few weeks to a 'Fairy and Elf" party on Saturday. So now an elf costume. One that can fit a superman costume underneath as he is pretty dirty that he can't go as a super hero.  You can tell by this photo where he is trying on the hat that he is NOT into this.  We are big fans of Tashie, so when I found this pattern I decided to do a kind of Tashie hair piece.  It took 20 mins ! Yay! It's a bit small  but once his hair is tucked in and he's dressed up he will be one cool (non Christmasy) elf.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is cute, and I think the pompom is a pretty good size in relation to the beanie. Those colours are so cheery together too! I love seeing babies in bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Carolyn, I don't think the orange is too bright at all - I love those colours together! The bib is very cute too, and although your son really doesn't look that into his costume he looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bright colors - orange and pink are such happy colors too. I think your French teacher will love both the beanie and gorgeous bib (and totally forgive you)! I'm always finding things stuffed into the bottom L's bookbag. Luckily you were able to come up with something so quickly - Elliot looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright colors are good for everyone regardless their age! The beanie is so cute! Don't you find that sewing kids costumes is more challenging that adults clothes? I would never be able to do this.

    ReplyDelete