Finished! Drape Cardigan no. 15

My mum thinks this fabric looks like a mangey dog and Oliver thinks it looks like snake (which I think is cool for him because he is so into Ninjago rise of the snakes).  Ben was also pretty dismissive of it, but you know what.  I think I like this cardigan.  Especially from the front.
Drape Cardigan no.15

This cardigan has been really fun to put together.  I mean it. The pattern is great and I love how the pattern has built in pockets.  It was also a great one to do in bits. Thursday night:  trace pattern. Friday night: cut fabric and sew seams together.  Saturday morning add trim and Saturday afternoon: buttons and button holes (all 7!!!).  Yep, here is a picture of some of my buttons.  Very proud.
Untitled
I really like the pattern from the front, but there is a lot of bulk at the back which I'm not sure suits me 100%.  If I made it again, I might try to shorten it a bit at the back.
Untitled
My bottom definitely looks big in it....but it is an interesting cardi and one that I think I will wear.
BeFunky



6 comments:

  1. I really like the shape. I think it's lovely to make something that you just can't find on the high street. Lovely button placement as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Agree it's nice to make something a bit 'different'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Augh the smeggin' internet died and took my comment with it. That is an awesome cardi, I love that chartreuse and the blue goes great with it. If you wanna remove the excess ease at the back perhaps gather and lightening stitch a few rows as a rectangle (basically shirr out the excess)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this- it's got so much personality- like a good snake would, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn internet!! What a great idea re removing the excess! Might just do that.

    ReplyDelete