some fabric purchases and a work in progress

I popped into the sale at Addicted to Fabric yesterday and picked up a few bits and pieces.
First up, Landis C Tana Lawn Liberty SS 12 inspired by the Art Deco architecture in the film "Metropolis".  Think I will make a little top out of this.
Untitled
Next up,  Viola B Tana Lawn from the AW12 Embellishment story. I plan to make a mini dress out of this.
Untitled
And also a couple of 'kids' fabrics for different things.. Robert Kaufmann, Celebrate Dr Seuss (in PVC!!) and Happy Dreaming by Ed Emberley for Cloud 9 Fabrics. Cloud 9 are really doing some great stuff.  I saw this one while waiting in line and couldn't resist the look on that dragon.  I often 'wrap' presents in a little bag and this fabric is perfect for little big boys.
UntitledUntitled
And here is my work in progress.. Just the front done so far... but I am loving this skirt!  Unfortunately I have a bit of housework to do before I get back to any sort of sewing and Elliot has been screaming all night with an ear ache, so off to the doctors for us this afternoon. 
Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stuff! I love the dragon print, I would have killed for that as a kid! Excited to see your skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I've just finished the skirt and love it. Hope to post it tomorrow. Yes, that dragon fabric is pretty cool!

      Delete
  2. I love the fabric placement on your skirt, it is going to look fabulous. Enjoy your fabric purchases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was worried about it but I think it worked out well.

      Delete